In case anyone can use my source materials I used for my talk/paper about 'game usability':
- Cognitive Flow: The Psychology of Great Game Design.
- Designing a “playable” UI that secretly teaches how to play.
- Design 101: Playtesting.
- Designing Usable and Accessible Games with Interaction Design Patterns.
- Usability Breakthroughs: Four Techniques To Improve Your Game.
- "Heuristics and usability guidelines for the creation and evaluation of fun in video games" by Melissa Federoff.
- "Game Usability: Advancing the Player Experience" by Katherine Isbister.