- ExTop is an interactive monitor for the Erlang VM written in Elixir. (via)
- Erlang: The Movie - from back in the days of Ericsson.
- Footprint per unit of concurrency for Haskell, Erlang, Go, C and Java.
- Rosettacode: Elixir.
- Tsung is an open-source multi-protocol distributed load testing tool.
- New data highlights gender split for mobile game genres. No surprise here.
- Writing a Game Engine from Scratch - Part 3: Data & Cache.
- US patent 5718632 filed on November 27, 1995 by Namco, forbids the use of interactive loading screens. This patent has held back a ton of creative ideas for so long, and i- what's that you say? Patents expire after 20 years? 1995, 1996, 1997... woah! It's 2015! We're in the clear! Let's stick it to the man!
- Interesting point on game engine discussions... What engine do you use?
- Why Should You Participate in Game Jams.
- Thimbleweek Park Playtest.
- Dell ships laptops with rogue root CA, exactly like what happened with Lenovo and Superfish.
- 10 hours of cool C64 8-bit music (via).
- The Ackermann function - Its value grows rapidly, even for small inputs. For example A(4,2) is an integer of 19,729 decimal digits.
- SteamOS gaming performs significantly worse than Windows, Ars analysis shows (via).
- Launching The 4th Generation YubiKey.
- German podcast "Lila-Podcast" pointed me towards Lammily. It's a fashion doll (Barbie). with standard human body proportions. Definitively a cool idea!
- Find women speakers & moderators for your conference: http://speakerinnen.org/.
- Beware of ads that use inaudible sound to link your phone, TV, tablet, and PC.
- Quiz: Is it pokemon or Big Data? (via multiple sources).
- Teaching Operating Systems with Tracing (uses FreeBSD).
- Google can remotely access 74% of Android devices if court ordered.
- Cyber-terror: How real is the threat? Squirrels are more of a danger (via). Let's BAN squirrels! They're getting recruited by Al-Qaeda!?!?!trumpololol
- Scroll slow ↓ have fun (via).
- Though “barely an operating system,” DOS still matters (to some people) (via).