- This is kinda related to Elixir as a language. It runs on the BEAM. Introducing ML-Flavoured Erlang.
- Announcing GenStage.
- Backtracking and Level Design - Making a Way Out.
- Cocos2D-X V3.12 released!
- Source code for Lucasfilm Games' '80s MMO Habitat released - Before LucasArts, and well before the MMO online boom of the 2000s, Lucasfilm Games released Habitat, the first graphical massively multiplayer online RPG, in 1986.
- Microsoft aims to upgrade Xbox avatar program with wheelchairs. Hmmm... on the one hand I acclaim the development of "non-binary" characters in the broader sense and that people are able to style their avatars more like their real self. On the other hand I know well how nasty people are on the internets. I'm not sure how willing people sitting in a wheelchair are to show themselves digitally.
- Creating quick clouds in inkscape.
- A developer's journey to create 100 games in five years.
- Announcing Rust 1.10.
- Shipping Rust in Firefox - with Firefox 48, Mozilla will ship our first Rust component to all desktop platforms, and with Android support coming soon.
- In the ensuing outrage, a PowerPoint presentation written by St. John surfaced which included a slide in which he referred to engineers with Asperger syndrome as being "the holy grail" of hires. "They work like machines," he wrote, "don’t engage in politics, don’t develop attitudes and never change jobs.".
- The 2nd edition of "The Design and Implementation of the Anykernel and Rump Kernels" is the definitive technical guide to the core of the Rump Kernel project. The book is available as a free-to-download pdf by clicking one of the cover images below.
- My condolences, you’re now the maintainer of a popular open source project.
- Falsehoods Programmers Believe About Names.
- Falsehoods Programmers Believe About Phone Numbers.