- Why OpenBSD?
- OpenBSD 5.9 released (early!) - more information here.
- FreeBSD 10.3-RELEASE Release Notes.
- Writing a Blog Engine in Phoenix and Elixir: Part 10, testing channels.
- Writing a Blog Engine in Phoenix and Elixir: Part 11, better UI.
- What makes Phoenix Presence special, and a sneak peek.
- Fuzzy String Matching (in Elixir).
- Joe Armstrong created a video about reversing a list, demonstrated by cards.
- ExGuard is a mix command to handle events on file system modifications.
- Supervising multiple GenServer processes.
- Inspecting, changing and debugging Elixir project dependencies.
- Automatically run your Elixir project's tests each time you save a file.
- Bikeshed 57 with José Valim: Mutability Ruins the Whole Party.
- King (of Candy Crush Saga fame) released their Defold game engine free of charge!
- Study combs through 155 Gamasutra postmortems for what went right and wrong.
- Here's a look at the original design pitch document for Diablo.
- The Making of Day of the Tentacle Remastered.
- Related: The SCUMM Diary: Stories behind one of the greatest game engines ever made.
- Also related: SCUMM co-creator digs up game design treasure trove.
- Last but not least: A Look Back at the Legacy of SCUMM.
- Looking back at the Dreamcast controllers that might have been.
- Punch Club has been pirated over 1 million times.
- SNES Super Mario World turned into Flappy Bird, by code injection.
- 5 Tips For Teaching Game Design to Non-Gamers.
- Xamarin now free and Open Source.
- ArcadeRS 1.13: « Boom! ».
- Redox is a Unix-like Operating System written in Rust with ZFS support.
- Rust Forge.
- Day of the Tentacle - Orchestral.
- Malware scam appears to use GPS data to catch speeding Pennsylvania drivers.
- Switching SSL certs to letsencrypt.
- North Carolina Enacts Law To Allow LGBT Discrimination.
- juCi++: a lightweight, cross-platform C++-IDE supporting C++11, C++14, and experimental C++17 features.
- d’Oh My Zsh - How I unexpectedly built a monster of an open source project.
- Day of the Tentacle Remastered has been released!
- Joe Armstrong on Why Markdown Sucks.
- Poul-Henning Kamp: A Generation Lost in the Bazaar - Quality happens only when someone is responsible for it.
- Swift 2.2 has been released with official Linux support.
- This Map Shows How the Apple-FBI Fight Was About Much More Than One Phone.
- Body Language & The Male Gaze - Tropes vs Women in Video Games.
- The Hawkeye Initiative uses Hawkeye and other male comic characters to illustrate how deformed, hyper-sexualized, and impossibly contorted women are commonly illustrated in comics, books, and video games.
- If your interested in computational theory check out: Complexities of some well-known games.