This weeks' episode of Hotchpotch won't focus on Mercurial anymore :)
- Examining Subjective Difficulty: How Plumbers Can Fight Demons - interesting view on level design of games like Super Mario Galaxy 2. Compare this kind of difficulty to
- Darwinian Difficulty: How Throwing Players In Headfirst Can Work
- Found this article in my old starred App.net posts :) Code comments removed from Netscape before it became Mozilla
- Your OS sucks - it all depends on WHAT you do with it :)
- How to get art in your game without being a professional
- Why mobile web apps are slow - a lenghtly article with speed comparisons of native/script languages and memory charts of GCed vs un-GCed languages. Conclusion: Don't use GCed languages on mobile platforms!
- Also from my old starred App.net posts: Git pretty - if you're have produced a Git repo mess and don't know how to handle it.
The designers of Toto Temple Deluxe wrote some fantastic blog posts about the journey they had until they reached the final state of the game.
- Sacrificing fun to remove the no-fun
- Powers Up!
- Designing a “playable” UI that secretly teaches how to play - BEST part of the series
- The secret to designing the perfect level? - that one is surely intense!