- Elixir v1.2.0 is out! --- there's also a more formal update notice: Elixir v1.2 released, including updated docs and guides.
- Render React with Phoenix.
- Exon is a “mess manager” developed in Elixir and provides a simple API to manage & document your stuff. - Phoenix :)
- TableRex: An Elixir app which generates text-based tables for display.
- A Phoenix chat demo with user authentication, tests, and use of web sockets for replying to messages and typing indicators.
- Notes on Elixir: Pattern Matching (via).
- Cool idea: More of my daughter's concept art brought to life.
- Developing a game with the color blind in mind.
- Game UI design.
- We're not pegs.
- First Combat of Link to the Past.
- Q&A: Jonathan Blow on The Witness and the state of indie games.
- The Developer Formerly Known as FreeBSDGirl (via).
- FreeBSDCore has written a reply to her complaints. More about it here. Money quote: "Do you know what happens in Berkeley? Hippies." :))))
- Born to lose. Live to win. Killed by death. Rock'n'Roll is dead: one last toast to Lemmy Kilmister (via).
- Window seen in Berlin #Lemmy.
- Debian mourns the passing of Ian Murdock (multiple sources).
- Software with the most vulnerabilities in 2015: Mac OS X, iOS, and Flash - Hint: it's not Windows (via).
- May your coming year be filled with magic and dreams and good madness. I hope you read some fine books and kiss someone who thinks you're wonderful, and don't forget to make some art -- write or draw or build or sing or live as only you can. And I hope, somewhere in the next year, you surprise yourself. - Neil Gaiman's New Year's Wish
- Here's more of Gaiman's Wishes and gifts. Beautiful.
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens Review by feministfrequency / Anita Sarkeesian.